How to Install Your Illuminated Address Sign Safely and Securely
Have you bought or received an illuminated address cap kit? The guide below shows how to properly fasten the address sign to your home’s exterior and ensure the electric connection is working correctly. The kit included with your illuminated address cap should include all the parts necessary for proper installation. If you are missing parts, please contact us.
Instructions for Installation of Illuminated Cap and Sign
If the Address Sign is already hanging, remove sign and go to step 4.
- Select the location for the Address Sign (plaque) in an easy to drill spot (recommended on the front exterior garage wall) with easy access to an electrical outlet in the interior.
- Place Address Sign against the wall at the desire location and mark in the wall the location of the supporting screws (black screws 10 x 1.5”) (see Figure 1).
- Drill two holes at the marks with a ¼” drill bit, at least 1 1/2” in depth, and tap in the plastic anchors (see Figure 2).
- Drill a fed-through hole in the center (approximately) of the two plastic anchors (see Figure 2).
- Fasten one screw halfway in one of the plastic anchors.
- Hang up the Illuminated Cap on the screw with the black loop (in the left or the right bottom corners) (see Figure 3).
- Feed power wire attached to the Illuminated Cap through from the exterior to the interior wall (see Figure 3).
- Remove the Illuminated Cap, screw and cut black loop, leaving the power wire in the wall.
- Hold the Address Sign and slide the Illuminated Cap behind the address sign (make sure the wire goes into slot in back of the Illuminated Cap), and fasten (loose) the address sign (see Figure 4).
- Carefully pull excess wire from behind the wall.
- Tighten the screws.
- Connect the power wire attached to the Illuminated Cap to the wire of the adapter, and fasten connection with the two marrettes provided.
- Route power wire toward electrical outlet. Secure wire to the interior wall and plug in adapter.
PLEASE DO NOT HARDWIRE
Sight Lights Warranty on Address Plaques Cap Lights
Your Illuminated Cap is guaranteed against defects in workmanship or materials for one year from date of purchase. It will be repaired or replaced at our discretion free of charge parts and labor. Shipping costs not included.
This warranty does not cover any damaged caused by misuse, alterations or improper installation. Warranty is void if repairs are attempted by anyone other than the authorized service person.
Speak to Friendly & Knowledgeable Professionals
Do you have a question about installing your address signs that isn’t answered above? We’re happy to help!